The word “believe” is often used in the English language.
Here is the definition of “Believe“, from our easy-to-use online English dictionary at http://EnglishDictionary.DictionaryFriends.com :
- accept as true; take to be true; “I believed his report”; “We didn”t believe his stories from the War”; “She believes in spirits”
- credit with veracity; “You cannot believe this man”; “Should we believe a publication like the National Inquirer?”
- follow a credo; have a faith; be a believer; “When you hear his sermons, you will be able to believe, too”
- be confident about something; “I believe that he will come back from the war”
- judge or regard; look upon; judge; “I think he is very smart”; “I believe her to be very smart”; “I think that he is her boyfriend”; “The racist conceives such people to be inferior”
When we think of our idealism and religious faith, we usually identify our perspectives with the phrase “I believe …..”
What do you believe in when it comes to the topics of peace, faith, and protecting planet earth?
We believe that peace can be achieved when people of all nations learn about other cultures, faiths, and points of view, and learn to communicate and collaborate in a positive, constructive manner. We believe that our planet has limited resources, and that we need to consider using more renewable resources while reducing pollution and dependence on oil.
Share what you believe in by adding your constructive comments below.